Monday, August 2, 2010

Ms Murky Mondays

Musings about life, happenings and such.
How did August sneak up on us? Wasn't it just days ago that there were buds on the trees and seedlings in the ground? Is it true that I have harvested my garlic and it now hangs drying in my kitchen?
And, am I dreaming that all of my amazing friends, family and fans successfully sponsored my project on kickstarter so I can build a proper website? Am I really planning an event for Berkshire Grown that will honor Sarah Gray Miller of Country Living Magazine at my house on August 22nd? Was Farmer Val ever really here at Boulderwood? She's gone, and seemingly without a trace.
Time marches on for sure.  The beauty of life is that there is always something that reminds me of friends and family - be it a scent, a meal and in this case, a plant.  So this post is dedicated to the memory of Mike Halko - master garderner, tomato grower and dear family friend. Until this year, the only place I had ever seen a "cigarette" plant was when Mike delivered it to our house each summer and then took it back to his greenhouse each winter.  I found this at Ward's this June and it's been flourishing in my old sap bucket all summer.  Truly the only cigarette anyone should ever have!! Thank you Mike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment